Let’s talk about some of the lies we tend to believe that hold us back from reaching our full potential.
You may not even know that you’re doing it. I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve been guilty of it myself.
These lies can be real downers and can slow down our creativity, but it’s time to kick them to the curb!
These are 5 of the most common lies I hear from my students. Do any of these ring a bell?
- “I’m not talented enough.” Sound familiar? I know I’ve thought it a million times. But here’s the truth, talent is just a small part of the creative process. What matters is the effort you put into your work, passion, and willingness to learn and grow. So, don’t let the “not talented enough” lie hold you back. Keep practicing and pushing yourself; you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
- “I need to wait for inspiration to strike.” This one’s a classic. We think we must wait for a lightning bolt of inspiration to hit us before we can get to work. But inspiration often comes from actually working and creating. So, don’t wait around for that spark, get to work, and let the inspiration come to you!
- “My work is never good enough.” Perfectionism is real, y’all. But it can also be a major roadblock to our growth and happiness. The thing is, no one’s work is ever perfect, and mistakes and flaws are a natural part of the creative process. Instead of striving for perfection, focus on progressing and becoming a better artist.
- “I to be original.” We all want our work to be unique and have never been done before. But let’s be real, art builds on what’s come before. Instead of being 100% original, focus on putting your own spin on what inspires you.
- “I can’t make a living as an artist.” I’ve heard this one a lot, and it can be discouraging. But the truth is, with hard work, dedication, and a solid plan, you can turn your passion into a successful career. So don’t let this lie hold you back. Go for it!
Don’t let these lies hold you back, believe in yourself and your work, and you’ll be on your way to greatness!
P.S. Do you need help turning your hobby into an online business? Join Empowering Women. Get started today!
P.S.S. Don’t forget to grab my Bi-Weekly blog, where I share my best business tips and strategies.