If you’re an entrepreneur or small business owner looking for a new way to generate passive income, creating DIY videos of your products or services could be just the solution you need. With the right tools and a little creativity, you can turn your expertise into a valuable resource that customers will pay for repeatedly.
As I mention in the video, I’m still making money on videos I made over seven years ago.
There are many reasons why DIY videos are a great way to make passive income. Here are just a few:
- Easy to create: All you need is your cell phone and a few basic editing tools to create a high-quality DIY video. You don’t need to be an expert videographer or spend a lot of money on fancy equipment to get started.
- Customers are willing to pay for valuable information and expertise. By creating DIY videos of your products or services, you’re offering them a valuable resource that they can use to improve their lives or businesses.
- Once you’ve created a DIY video, you can sell it over and over again without any additional effort on your part. This means that you can earn passive income while you focus on other aspects of your business.
- Creating DIY videos of your products or services can help build trust with potential customers. By sharing your expertise and demonstrating your knowledge, you’re showing them that you’re a credible and trustworthy source of information.
- By creating DIY videos, you’re creating a new revenue stream for your business. This can help diversify your income and make your business more resilient to economic changes.
How to Create DIY Videos of Your Products or Services
Here are some steps to follow when creating DIY videos of your products or services:
- Decide on a topic that you’re knowledgeable about and that your customers would find valuable. This could be a tutorial on how to use one of your products or a guide to solving a common problem in your industry.
- Plan your video: Write a script or outline for your video. This will help you stay on track and ensure that you cover all the important points.
- Gather your equipment: All you need is your cell phone and a tripod. This is the one I like to use. You may also want to invest in a microphone for better audio quality. If you’re moving around a lot, you may want to consider the wireless microphone.
- Film your video: Set up your phone on the tripod and start filming. Make sure you’re in a quiet location with good lighting.
- Edit your video: Use a tool like Inshot to edit your video and add any necessary titles or captions. And did I mean it’s free!
- Share your video: Upload your video to your virtual store on your website or on your social media platforms.
Tips for Creating High-Quality DIY Videos
Here are some tips for creating high-quality DIY videos:
- Use good lighting: Natural light is best, but if you’re filming indoors, make sure you have a bright light source. I use soft box light.
- If your video needs to be recorded in multiple steps, That’s OK. Just do one at a time and merge the videos together when you’re done.
- Keep it short: Try to keep your video under 10 minutes. Attention spans are short, and you don’t want to bore your audience.
- Be engaging: Speak clearly and confidently. Use visuals and examples to illustrate your points.
Give it a try. You might be surprised at how much videos can benefit your business and your bank account.
Learn how to generate 10 additional streams of income in your existing business without reinventing the wheel. Get on the waitlist for my new course, “The Roadmap To Revenue.”
P.S. Do you need help building and monetizing your online business? Join Empowering Women. Get started today!