Decluttering your digital life is much like cleaning and organizing our house. We tend to accumulate pictures and Apps on our phones, files on our computers, and emails in our inbox only to create a chaotic digital hoarding situation. Taking the time to declutter your digital business helps you improve your productivity and saves you time scrolling through a cluttered mess.
Here are 5 ways you can keep your business organized.
#1: Apps on your phone
Our phones are like a minicomputer. There is an app for just about everything you can imagine. But they also take up a lot of storage space.
Go through your phone and delete unused apps. Look to see what apps are taking up the most storage. To learn how to do this with Android go here, for Apple, go here.
Also, to optimize your battery and save your files, if you have an Apple, save them to the iCloud. For Android, save them to your Google Drive.
#2: Your email inbox
If you’re not organizing your emails it could look like a hot mess.
I’ll bet you have a bunch of emails you opened but didn’t have time to address them right away and you probably have unopened emails waiting for you to get to. It’s time to clean them up and get organized.
4 things you need to do with each email
Read, save, delete, or unsubscribe
- Create folders for emails you want to save.
- Read them and then MOVE them to a folder if you want to keep them After you read the email and it’s not important, DELETE it
- If you come across an email that you subscribed to and no longer read them, UNSUBSCRIBE. Out of sight out of mind.
- Every couple of months go into your folders and delete old emails to free up space.
Another important TIP
Check to see if your email address has been compromised
You can find out by going to Have I Been Pwned to see if your email address and other information have been leaked. If it has then this is a good time to change your passwords.
#3: Pictures on your phone
I was notorious for hoarding pictures and videos on my phone, and I know I’m not alone.
This will use up a lot of storage on your cell phone.
- Start deleting any pictures or videos you no longer need.
- Upload the ones you want to keep to your cloud.
- Back it up on your hard drive.
- This way you will always have them stored in a safe place.
If you want to keep the most important ones on your phone, create albums on your phone so you have easy access and avoid scrolling through all you pictures.
#4: Email subscribers
One of the most important things to do when you’re in business is to build an email list. It can also become cluttered with people that are not opening our email.
The more email subscribers you have the more it will cost you. Most email providers offer it free up to 500 subscribers and the cost goes up per thousand after that.
You will want to go in and scrub your list every so often. I suggest going in 2-3 times a year and delete people that haven’t opened your emails in the last 6 months. If they haven’t opened your emails that means they are no longer interested in your content. You’re paying money every month for dead emails. Let them go, they’re not your ideal customer.
#5: Declutter Emails Within Your Inbox:
Are you inundated with emails that you signed up for and find yourself clicking the delete button and not even reading them? This can feel very overwhelming every time you open your inbox.
- Instead of hitting the delete button go and unsubscribe to an email you no longer want or read.
- If you want to keep them, you can also create a label and save them for later. This is a great way to organize emails that you might need to refer to later.
Hope you found some great tips to help you declutter your digital life here. If you would like more tips and tricks to build your business don’t forget to subscribe to my blog.
Want to build a business doing what you love?
Join Empowering Women, where I teach women 50+ how to take their hobby and turn it into a business so they can live the life they always dreamed of.
Hope to see you there,